Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, as we all know. But just because you recognise the importance of this meal doesn’t mean you always have time to prepare something delectable.
Weekday mornings can often be our busiest time of day, with everything from school drop-offs to squeezing in a sweat session. Or perhaps you’ve had enough of your go-to toast or bagel and are looking for new, quick breakfast ideas.
That’s why we’re here: to give you all the morning inspiration you need, whether you’re looking for healthy muffin recipes, easy egg recipes, or healthy smoothie recipes to really power-up your day.
Greek Yogurt Pancakes
Add a protein boost to your favorite breakfast with these fluffy Greek Yogurt Pancakes. Stacked high and piled with fresh fruit, it’s a nourishing breakfast or weekend brunch recipe that tastes like a total treat.
Top tip: make a double batch on Saturday and freeze for a quick morning meal all week.
- In a large bowl, whisk together yogurt, milk, eggs, syrup, and vanilla.
- In a second bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Add flour mixture to yogurt mixture and mix to combine (batter should be like thick papier-mâché).
- Heat a large nonstick skillet on medium Check heat by sprinkling with water
- Spoon in enough batter to make 3 to 4 medium pancakes and cook pancakes until bubbles begin to appear around edges and in centers.
- Using a spatula, peek under the pancakes to check that they are golden brown, then carefully flip.
- Cook about 1 minute more depending on size. Transfer to a wire rack and cover loosely with foil to keep warm or serve immediately, topped with yogurt, strawberries, blueberries and syrup.
Quick and Easy Scrambled Eggs
There’s nothing better than a plate full of fluffy scrambled eggs. The best of our favourite quick breakfast recipes. Eggs are extremely nutritious, provide a significant amount of protein, and serve as the ideal canvas for any add-ins to enhance your meal. While it may appear to be a simple dish, perfecting the technique of a great pan of scrambled eggs is essential.
Top tip: Simply add cheese or vegetables for a quick and filling breakfast.
- Heat butter (or oil) in a 10 to 12-in non-stick skillet on medium-low.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs and ½ tsp each salt and pepper.
- Add eggs to skillet and cook, stirring often until eggs are beginning to set.
- Once the eggs are nearly set, add desired toppings like cheese, cooked veggies, herbs, tender greens like spinach or baby kale.
Enjoy your eggs as they are, or with a slice of sourdough bread, slightly toasted.
We enjoy blending a variety of delicious ingredients into a creamy, colourful, and nutritious smoothie at any time of year. With frozen berries and almond butter, this smoothie is similar to a PB&J sandwich. Yum!
You can also add CBD oil to your smoothie if you want to make it a stress-relieving smoothie. You can check out BudPop to see the best collection of other CBD products too.
- 1 c. unsweetened almond milk
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 c. frozen blueberries
- 2 tbsp. almond butter
In a blender, add ingredients in the order they are listed.
Purée ingredients until smooth.
You have your smoothie ready.
Raspberry Chia Jam and Peanut Butter Toast
Chia seeds are high in fibre, minerals, and plant-based omega-3 fatty acids, and this simple jam is a tasty way to top oatmeal or toast in the morning.
- In a small saucepan, cook raspberries on medium, stirring occasionally, until fruit breaks down and liquid becomes syrupy, about 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice and maple syrup.
- Then stir in chia seeds and let sit for 20 minutes
- Mixture should thicken slightly
Add this jam to your toast and pair it up with peanut butter for the perfect sandwiches.
5 Ways to Boost Your Body’s Natural Immunity LevelsJuly 7, 2021
4 Tips to Help You Find The Right Apartment to RentJune 17, 2020
4 Ways To Sanitize Your House During The PandemicMay 21, 2020